Privacy and Disclaimer
Thank you for visiting Macarthur Diversity Services Initiative (MDSI) web site and reviewing our privacy and disclaimer notice.
Statement of Commitment
Macarthur Diversity Services Inc (MDSI) is an organisation designed to provide clients with the best possible community services. This it can including housing, health, aged care, settlement, education, counseling, immigration issues and other welfare service issues.
As on organisation, we comply with the federal Privacy Act (1988) Personal Information Act (1998) and the Health Records and Information Privacy Act (2004). In our policy a reference to "Information" refers to both personal and health information.
We will only collect information in a lawful, fair and non-intrusive manner from our consumers that are relevant, accurate and enable us to provide the services that they require. In the case of minors or those with diminished responsibility, information will be accepted from parents and legal guardians. This may include inclusion in, in house material, flyers, newsletters, photos and video's to name a few.
Disclosure & Use
We will only use your information to provide you with the service you require or if necessary for a related need. At times in order to provide services to you it may be necessary to share relevant information within the organisation and with other agencies.
We strive to keep information accurate, up to date and secure. Our consumers have the right to access their information within 36 hours unless it could endanger them or others.
Employee Information Held
MDSI currently holds some information in relation to its employees and other workplace participants such as:-
- Tax file numbers;
- Information relating to the personal background of employees (such as home address, sex, date of birth, nationality, languages spoken, their employment history, their educational qualifications, any illnesses and details of contact people in the event of any emergency); and
- Information documenting the work history of the employees of MDSI (such as their letter of appointment and bank account details as well as records of any salary adjustments, written warnings, and sick leave taken.
There are a variety of reasons why MDSI is required to hold this information. Some of these reasons include:
- Ensuring both MDSI and any workplace employees are meeting their obligations under relevant legislation as well as their contract if employment;
- Ensuring the health, safety and welfare of all workplace participants at times when they are performing work for MDSI and
- Allowing appropriate insurance for these workplace participants.
There maybe certain circumstances where MDSI is contacted in relation to some or all of the above personal information, for example, when an MDSI employee has applied for a position outside of the organisation and contacts us to verify employment with MDSI and/or referees.
Your personal information will not sell, trade, rent or disclose your personal information to third parties without your express consent or unless required by law.